Winner Regional Long Term Care is an 80 bed skilled nursing facility, with an 11 bed secured, Special Care Unit.
Resident Centered Care
At Winner Regional Long Term Care, our culture is that of a home-like atmosphere with “resident centered care” offering peace of mind to residents and their family members. The total well-being of the patient, which includes spiritual, physical and mental welfare, is the primary concern of those entrusted with the care of residents at our facility.
Restorative care is readily available at Winner Regional, providing therapy and exercises as needed. Socialization and activities galore are offered throughout the day in the LTC expanded activity program. As the facility is structurally and administratively connected to the hospital, immediate, quality care is always at hand.
The residents do not live in our workplace… we work in their home.
A commitment to resident centered care means our focus is not on a regimented medical model of care, but rather a home model in which the residents’ desires are the priority, with our nursing and medical staff offering the underlying healthcare support residents need.
Our residents decide when they wake up and go to bed, they choose their monthly menus and establish many of the events on their Activity Calendar. In general, our residents play a role in deciding how they live their lives.
Over the past few years, we have provided our residents with opportunities to pilot an airplane, ride horses, visit the pool halls in town, go bowling, eat at local restaurants and attend livestock auctions – basically, continue to be a part of their community.
To learn more about Winner Regional’s long term care services or to arrange a tour, please feel free to contact our Social Services Department at (605) 842-7221.Monthly Newsletter
Learn More About Long Term Care Services:
Each room has space for residents to bring in numerous personal items so their room feels as much like home as possible.
- Beauty Salon
- Beautiful chapel with a variety of weekly church services
- Resident library with private phone area
- Private dining room to entertain family or guests Solarium
- Courtyard garden
- Social activities and events
- Wellness programs
- Medicare and VA certification
- Visitors with animals must sign in at the nurses’ desk upon arrival.
- Visiting pets must be on a flea and tick residual control program and must be free of internal and external parasites and disease.
- Your pet MUST stay with its owner at all times.
- Owners will be responsible for cleaning up pet messes as best they can.
- Animals WILL NOT be allowed in the resident dining room, cafeteria or kitchen.
- If pets show viciousness towards any resident, visitor or staff, the pet must be removed immediately.
- Animals are not allowed into any isolation room.
- No overnight pet guests without prior approval.
For a complete list of pet rules and regulations, visitors and residents may ask to have a copy of Activity Policy 1253.
Or, feel free to send a letter. All letters will be delivered directly to the resident. The address is:
Winner Regional Long Term Care
745 E. 8th Street
Winner, South Dakota 57580
- Admissions process
- Case management
- Individual and family counseling
- Psychosocial assessment
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
To inquire about admissions or to contact our Social Services department, please call (605) 842-7221.