What is Winner Regional Foundation? The primary fundraising arm of the healthcare facility, the Foundation was founded in January of 1991, organized to raise monies to aid the Hospital in its need to remodel and expand. It is the work of the Foundation to continue to find the funds to advance the medical community in the Winner Area.
The Foundation is separate from Winner Regional Healthcare Center. It has its own local Board of Directors who decides on how to use the assets of the Foundation in the best interest of those who contribute to it. This Board meets monthly to discuss issues pertaining to the foundation and its relationship with Winner Regional.
How can I help?
- Annual gift The “We Care Club” is an annual gift campaign.
- Memorials We accept memorials and recognize both the gift “In memory of…” and the giver.
- Estate Planning We are able to provide an expert estate planner as an advisor or we can work with your own professional to help provide maximum tax benefits as well as a gift to the Foundation.
- One-Time Gift Appreciated stock, livestock, grain, insurance policy, cash and more are all possible ways to give.
What recognition do donors receive? A listing of the names of donors is posted annually.
What has the Foundation done For local healthcare?
• The Foundation assisted with the building of an 81-bed Long Term Care Facility onto the Hospital building. It also provided funds to assist with the furnishing of the LTC addition, including furniture and equipment. The Foundation has also provided funds for LTC landscaping.
• Festival of Trees has been a very successful event for the Foundation. Here's a look at some of the projects the event has provided funds for:
2005: New Multi-Slice CT Scanner
2006: Private Suite Remodel & Renovation for Patient Rooms in Hospital
2007: Healing Garden for Patients, Residents, Visitors and Community
2008: Defibrillators for the Hospital ER and Medical/Surgical Floor of WRHC
2009: Wireless Telemetry Unit and System for Cardiac Rehab Patients
• Assisting with Physician Recruitment for Winner.
• Furnishing monies for the ambulance door and handicapped accessible doors for Winner Regional Hospital.
• Purchasing a food cart for the Special Care Unit in the Nursing Home.
Winner Regional Foundation also provides funding to the Winner Area Breast Cancer Support Group & Foundation, also known as The Pink Posse.
Click to learn more about The Pink Posse and the work they do on behalf of breast cancer patients in our patient service area.
Winner Regional Foundation Board of Directors
- Dan Bechtold, President
- Randy VandenHoek, Vice President
- Lisa Jankauskas, Treasurer & Secretary
- Marlene Burns
- Deb Moeller
- John Driscoll
- Vickie Kerner
- Juanita Koskan
- Marty Flakus
- Brenda Klein
- Alice Daughters, Governing Board Representative
- John Osse, Interim CEO of Winner Regional Healthcare Center
- Lynnelle Anderson, Executive Director of the Foundation